04 January 2011

31 Days of Fitness - Day 4

I honestly thought after last night's workout I wouldn't be able to get out of bed, but I guess that's what dogs are for.
 
7am. Wet nose on my chin. Three sets of eyes looking at me like, "If you don't get out of bed right now, you're not going to like the result."
 
I'm up.
 
It took a couple cups of coffee and an hour or so of the Today Show, but I did it. Day 4. I was going to do yoga, but I felt like after last night's workout (and the -3lbs lost on the scale this morning) to keep the heart rate as accelerated as possible.
 
I really, really love Jillian's Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism DVD. It's seriously one of the best cardio workouts I've done. I still want to try Bob Harper's, but...I'm nervous. I've heard it's ridiculously brutal.
 
Maybe tomorrow, if I'm feeling masochistic. 
 
Day 4 
 
Workout: Jillian Michaels Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
Location: My living room
Equipment: Exercise mat, Garmin FR60 HR monitor
Start Time: 10:00am
Total Time: 55:00
Calories Burned: 602
Average HR: 158
Max HR: 190

Since I'm still on break and M's still on break, we're heading into Springfield today. Yay! We have absolutely no idea what we're going to do once we get there, but that's the fun of just running away for the day.
 
Speaking of running away, I had to pause my workout halfway through because I happened to glance outside to see UConn out in the front yard sunning herself near the ditch. Um...just 10 minutes earlier she was hooked in the BACK yard. I know she was, because I personally double-checked since she got loose yesterday. And the day before that. And the day before that...how in the world does this dog manage to escape so much?? I just can't figure out how she does it. 
 
As for today's quote, I love this one. It's hanging on the wall at the Salem Fitness Center, and it's fabulous:
 
"A man's health can be judged by which he takes two at a time - pills or stairs." ~ Joan Welsh 
 
How's that for motivation?

No comments: