02 February 2010

Tik Tok

First of all, I can't get Ke$ha's song "Tik Tok" out of my head. If anyone has a solution for this, please let me know. The catchiness is making me bounce all over my house...and the dogs have gone into hiding.

And speaking of bouncing all over the house, I woke up this morning without (hardly) any back pain. And who says multiple muscle relaxers aren't a good idea?

Note: if you do in fact decide to take multiple muscle relaxers, make sure you're ready for bed before 8pm. If not, you will most likely sleep through your alarm and be woken by the slurpy tongues of big, smelly, morning-breath dogs.

So the first thing I did when I got to work was cancel my doctor's appointment. Yeah. Matt wasn't happy.

Know what I wasn't happy about? Matt, at 10:30 last night, poking me in the side until I was awake and asking, "Did you do Insanity today? Only a couple hours left!!"

I literally growled at him. Was he serious? Heating pad on my back, hot baths with those muscle soaking salts that my sister got me and a whole sleeve of muscle relaxers in less than 48 hours? Was he for real?

He the gently leaned over to my side of the bed, and - I thought I was going to get a sympathy kiss - he gleefully whispered in my ear, "I wiiiiinnnnnnn!!!"

I wanted to kill him.

The boy needs to be coaching something. This off-season stuff is ridiculous. He has way too much pent-up energy.

So despite my husband being so wonderful and caring, my back is better. Which was good, since we did this at work today:


That entire van and truck (front and back!) are full of boxes of medicines and medical supplies the hospital is donating to Haiti. PCRMC pledged $5000 worth of items, and I got to head up the project. The main items are medicines for children and infants (remember liquid cherry Tylenol?), gauze, antibiotic ointments and surgical masks and gloves. Apparently kid's meds are hard to come by down there, and those poor babies are just laying there waiting for relief. So here it comes!

The lady in the black jacket in this picture heads up a humanitarian group in Rolla, and will be taking the supplies to Springfield tomorrow to the Convoy of Hope. CoH has teams going to Haiti every couple weeks, so on top of our $5000 worth of supplies, we're also doing an employee donation drive for the next couple weeks.

So in a nutshell, I've decided to take a recovery week for Insanity. One week off and I'll start back again fresh next Monday. I wanted to start again tonight, but if there's one thing I learned during marathon training, it's the importance of giving yourself time to rest and heal - unless you really, really want a worse injury down the road.

Don't stop, make it pop
DJ blown my speakers up
Tonight I'mma fight
Till we see the sunlight
Tick tock on the clock
But the party don't stop
No oh, oh oo whoa oo whoa oh
Oh oo whoa oo whoa oh
Oh oo whoa oo whoa oh

Seriously! Can't stop singing this song in my head!

Oh oo whoa oo whoa oh....

No comments: