29 June 2013

30 Day Paleo Challenge - Day 7

Happy Saturday!!

We got up early to go try out some paddleboards with Orchid Island Bikes and Kayaks...the same place I bought my bike, if you remember.

It. Was. Awesome.




We went out with every intention of being in the market to purchase some paddleboards. But you know what surprised us? How much we loved the kayaks!





So much so, we ended up going straight to the store and buying two.

Mine is Mango.


Matt's is red. It won't be in for a couple weeks, but we officially have our Florida water transportation! They are ultralight Hurricanes, open tops.


So 1) I can lift them since they're only 33 lbs and I do CrossFit.

And 2) The open top won't mess up my tan.

All important things to consider when making major purchases, right?

Today:

Breakfast
  • Black coffee, pumpkin pancakes (raw pumpkin, wisk in some eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg)
Lunch
  • First out-to-eat experience on the Challenge. Restaurant: Mulligan's. They have a lot of seafood, so I planned ahead to eat some...seafood. Had an excellent salad with cucumbers, tomato, all sorts of different types of lettuce and a huge piece of grilled Mahi. Used a little oil & vinegar, and it was a paleo-approved lunch.
Dinner
  • Not sure yet. Depends on if we go to the store or not today...but I could really go for some more of Matt's grilled chicken with my homemade paleo BBQ sauce. This time I refuse to let the dogs get it!
WOD: Rest day, but actually got a decent little arm/ab workout using the kayaks and paddleboards this morning. Score. 

Paleo Website of the Day: http://nomnompaleo.com/

CrossFit Website of the Day: http://amrapstyle.com/ - BEST site for the cutest CrossFit gear! Yes. Crossfit can be cute. 

Today I love: Outdoor water sports and meeting up with some sweet friends for lunch on the water. 

No comments: