16 January 2010

Insanity - Week One. Done.

I've officially completed week one of Insanity.

It was great to get up this morning to work out a 6am - more than one hour of extra sleep! You have no idea what that does for a girl.

I think the best part of this morning's workout - which was a repeat of Tuesday's Plyometric Cardio Circuit - was the fact that I finally figured out how to use my Garmin's heart rate monitor.

I had attempted to use it yesterday, but completely forgot to take the thing off the "run" mode - therefore, my ending stats stated that I ran .6 miles and only burned 59 calories.

Um, no. I don't think so.

So this morning I made sure to set it on "general" mode, and I'm much, much happier with the results.

My target heart rate is usually between 155-172, with 191 being my 100% max. I looked down at my Garmin a couple times during the circuits, and at one point I was at 193. That's how insane these workouts are!

My average heart rate during the workout stayed in the 180's, and the final calorie count was 423 calories burned in only 40 minutes. That's not too bad for an early Saturday morning.

Matt and I decided to go visit Stefanie this morning. We left at 8am and were at the hospital by 11 (totally my fault it took so long since I wanted to go up Manchester Road rather than stay on I-44. Oops.). Stef is doing really great - she's talking, laughing and just generally looking better. No walking for her yet, but she just amazes me with her positive attitude. She told us a little about her procedure, and then we spent the rest of the time catching up on gossip and news. It was just great to visit for awhile.

We stayed for about an hour, then turned around and came home so Matt could do his Insanity workout with a couple of our baseball players. He's been taking the workouts to school during the week to have the kids do during PE, and some of them want to keep it going, even on the weekends.

Our baseball team better be freakin' strong and awesome this spring.

I'm just sayin'.

And the most important item of the day: catching the Saints game at 3:30. Guess what we'll be doing the rest of the evening?

I need a nap. These early mornings have worn me out.

And I think some s'mores. I'm craving marshmallows. And chocolate.

No comments: