04 July 2013

30 Day Paleo Challenge - Day 12

Happy Fourth of July! 


Let bacon ring. 

We left Florida last night after work and doctor appointments, and pulled into my sister's driveway in Georgia at an ungodly hour after midnight. 

Thank you Jesus for seasons of The Office and Friends on DVD to keep us entertained. 

We're like traveling with toddlers. Paleo definitely makes me need just as many bathroom stops as a five-year-old. 

So now it's morning, we're up and already on the road towards northern Alabama. And it's raining. Yay. 

My sister is awesome- she pre-planned for our five-second layover and had a yummy paleo breakfast ready this morning. 

As my niece Adelyn said, "Ohhhh, bacon!!!" 

Start 'em young. 

I got to eat breakfast and have playtime with my sweet nieces, one of whom I was meeting for the very first time. My sister makes cute kids.  


Adelyn still loves the nurse kit I got her for her birthday, and we played check-up on Charlie Brown. Poor Charlie...not sure he's ever had his temperature taken there before. Then the tweezers and blood pressure cuff came out. 

Ohhhh. Poor Charlie. 


It was so, so good to see them. I love my sister and miss her so much! And yes. I cried when we pulled out of the driveway.  Adelyn was blowing me kisses and shouting "Bye! I love you! Bye!"

Break my heart. 

So onward. I'm blogging from my blogger app while we drive backroads to Alabama while Matt listens to ESPN radio. We are fascinating people, y'all. 

Yes. Five minutes in the south and our accents are back. Because I'm sorry, southern Florida is not the south. Southern New York or New Jersey, but not my drawling, people-hugging, home-cooking, "come on back now y'all, ya hear?" place of my heart. 

Today is where my paleo challenge is going to get interesting. Eating out of a cooler with my pre-planned meals for three days while watching everyone else eat homemade ice cream...this is going to test me beyond anything. 

Today

Breakfast: Awesomeness made by my sister - eggs, bacon and a so so so good red, white and blue fruit salad (strawberries, blueberries and banana), black coffee. 

Adelyn knows what coffee is. I'm such a proud Auntie. 

Lunch: If we make it to AL in time, I'll warm up my pineapple chili along with some sliced fruit. If not, a Subway salad of meat and veggies with olive oil and vinegar. 

Snack: Apple and almond butter

Dinner: Tonight is BBQ night. Hopefully I'll be able to get some meat before they sauce it. I brought leftover roast in case it's already sauced. Raw veggies, salad, strawberries and watermelon for dessert. 

WOD: Rest Day/Travel Day, unless you count playing airplane with Adelyn this morning. 


Since I'm blogging from my app, I don't have my list of paleo and crossfit links. However, I will let you know that even though I'm not even in the same state right now, I checked CFVB's site this morning to see what the WOD is. 

Hi. I'm Addie, and I'm a crossfitaholic. 

I know, it's sad. I really really miss my workout people this morning! I want to lift something heavy. It's crazy how I used to want to do nothing but sit on the couch and read and snack, and now all I want to do is put on a tank and my compression shorts and go work on my pull-ups and double-unders. 

Matt was awesome and did pack his medicine ball for me...I see weighted squats in my future tonight. 

Today I love: My sweet nieces, my sister...a weekend full of family! 

No comments: