05 July 2013

30 Day Paleo Challenge - Day 13

I love waking up to views like this. 


I love running on dirt roads through the woods like this. 


I've missed trees and lakes and dirt roads and family. 

We're having a great time in northern Alabama. It's been rainy and gloomy outside, but that didn't stop everyone from playing with fireworks and sparklers last night. 

And I think the air mattress we slept on last night helped my shoulders that were still sore from dead lifts...woke up this morning feeling great. 

Several of us got up early to walk/run, which was a decent little 3 mile workout because of the hills. 

I almost hate to admit this, but I've missed hills. I cursed their very existence when I was back in Missouri training for marathons, but now that we're in the flat-as-a-pancake state of Florida I miss the challenge of a good incline. 

I'm gonna keep these posts short and sweet the next couple days...gotta get down to the boat dock! 

Today:

WOD: 3 mile walk/run 

Breakfast: Sausage & Egg bake, bacon, coffee

Lunch: Pineapple Chili, sliced apple

Dinner: Taco night! I'm going to make a salad full of lettuce, tomato, onion, unseasoned ground beef and lots of salsa. Fruit for dessert. 

Today I love: Being back by a lake. I'm a lake girl at heart!

No comments: